Unimasters Logistics Romania demonstrates that is committed to meet the performance standards in the business relation with its customers and partners, therefore the company receives the ISO 9001: 2015 certification.

The ISO 9001: 2015 certificate specifies the requirements for a quality management system when an organization:
1. Needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
2. Aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.

We invite you to see the certificate here.

Are you confused with the latest shake-up in the shipping industry? After the mergers and acquisitions in 2016, along with the collapse of the seventh-largest container carrier Hanjin Shipping? So here’s our summary of the changes and how they’ll impact your business.

April 1st, 2017 sees the previous four alliances regrouped to three:

PREVIOUS ALLIANCES (BEFORE April 1st)

-2M: Maersk, MSC

-CKYE: COSCO, Evergreen, K-Line, Yang Ming

-G6: APL, Hapag-Lloyd, Hyundai, MOL, NYK, OOCL

-OCEAN Three: China Shipping, CMA, UASC

NEW ALLIANCES (AFTER April 1st)

-2M: Maersk, MSC

-Ocean Alliance: APL, CMA, COSCO, Evergreen, OOCL

-THE Alliance: Hapag-Lloyd, K-Line, MOL, NYK, Yang Ming



NO ALLIANCE

-Hyundai (spot sharing with 2M on certain trade lanes)

-PIL

-Wan Hai

-ZIM

The new three carrier alliances represent 77.2% of global container capacity, with the remaining 22.8% represented by independent vessel owners. “Ocean” Alliance becomes the largest consortium in the two main trades: Asia-Europe and Asia-North America with 323 vessels and 3.5 M TEU capacity.

Expected changes:

  • Total increase in containership capacity by 5% in TEU and by 4% in vessel count;
  • Increase in capacity on the Asia-North Europe trade by 9.6% (mainly 2M);
  • Increase in capacity on the Asia-Mediterranean route by 6.9% (OA and TA);
  • Decrease in capacity on the Asia-North America routes.

Impact to the customers:

  • Changes in hubs, terminals, cut off vessel times – could mean wave of confusions and potential delays until the new products are cleared;
  • Changes in many routes from direct to transshipment – will mean new customers with new destinations;
  • All shipments may appear on the same vessel even if booked with different carriers – risk must be distributed across the alliances;
  • Less competition in the industry, limited choice.

Changes are still under way – takeovers and mergers are not yet completed in the container shipping sector.
Our experts are here to help with a professional advice, information of the new services, tier one rates with all carriers and space support.